Postponed: Seminar with Sensei Lavin
The seminar is postponed. We will have an update once the COVID-19 situation and impact have stabilized.
We are honored to be hosting Sensei Rachel Lavin (Technical Director, JKA Chicago - Sugiyama Dojo) for a two-day seminar in Madison!
Rachel Lavin, a student of Sugiyama Sensei, has a 5th degree Black Belt in Shotokan Karate, a Black Belt in Jiujutsu, and a Guro in Escrima (Master Instructor level in Filipino stick fighting). She has studied numerous other martial arts such as Judo, Iaido, and Brazilian Jujutsu. She has a Master’s of Arts Degree in Clinical Psychology and has used her varied experience to develop a program utilizing the interplay of mind and body to enhance learning and facilitate the bridging between one’s potential and one’s performance. Additionally, she teaches Women’s Self Defense courses throughout the Chicago area.
Lavin’s competitive experience includes winning both international and national karate competitions as well as taking both gold and silver medals in national Judo competitions. Most recently, she has been chosen to represent the AAU at the WUKF World Championships in 2020.
- Location: Madison West High School -- Van Hise Gym (30 Ash St, Madison, WI 53726)
- Dates: Friday, March 27th and Saturday, March 28th
- Sessions: Friday 6:00-8:00 PM, Saturday 9:00 - 11:00 AM, 1:00 - 3:00 PM
- In addition, Sensei Lavin will lead a self-defense session on Saturday afternoon (4:00-6:00 PM), open to UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff.
- Cost: $35/one session, $70/two or more sessions. Students and youth receive a $15 discount for two or more sessions ($55).
- Suggested donation for self-defense session: $5.
Location: Madison, WI, USAMore information